- @sevenhelz Warren Ellis has possessed that portion of my brain I'm afraid. in reply to sevenhelz 00:05:57, 2011-10-30
- @sevenhelz He's a writer. Mostly comics. His protagonist in one is an outlaw journalist with a weapon known as a Bowel Disruptor. in reply to sevenhelz 00:11:19, 2011-10-30
- @sevenhelz He also has a literally two-faced cat that smokes, a weapons-grade vocabulary & a passion for The Truth. in reply to sevenhelz 00:16:34, 2011-10-30
- @sigkate Like magnets? in reply to sigkate 00:17:59, 2011-10-30
- @tajasel That would have been the police, since it was a violent assault. Presume it's procedure at the least. in reply to tajasel 00:32:24, 2011-10-30
- @tajasel And thankyou in reply to tajasel 00:32:39, 2011-10-30
- @sevenhelz Generally. He's the last "real" reporter in the Transmetropolitan storyverse, Spider Jerusalem. in reply to sevenhelz 00:46:25, 2011-10-30
- Losts of shouting and crashing out on the street tonight. Makes me realise a lot of people are prepared for a sudden crash, not a slow one. 01:03:33, 2011-10-30
- Is there a way to temporarily disable your sense of balance? Like inner-ear data. Transcranial magnetic stimulation maybe? 11:25:07, 2011-10-30
- @kitsunesoftware Training to use visual cues for balance may prevent falling down from head impacts in future. in reply to kitsunesoftware 11:43:31, 2011-10-30
- @AnonyOps I think sufficient actions against a people by it's government will always constitute a permit. in reply to AnonyOps 11:44:59, 2011-10-30
- Treating self to a small Chinese and glass of port. Couldn't seem to get through to anyone once out of the trading hall. *sadface* 21:20:00, 2011-10-30
- Nomnom salt&pepper squid 21:40:02, 2011-10-30
- BALLS. Just found out I've been using my old Alliance & Leicester sort-code when it's changed with Santander the takeover. 23:38:56, 2011-10-30
- If the sort-code's valid and they have a matching account number, I may have just lost a couple of hundred quid. 23:44:08, 2011-10-30
- Okay, a bank-account-validator says the old sort code also goes to Santander now, so hopefully that's okay then. 23:50:21, 2011-10-30
Writing this up while it’s still fairly fresh in my mind.
Got punched in the head. First time I’ve ever been punched “in the wild”. Not pleasant, but not as bad as I’ve been worried it might be.
End of Expo for the day. My phone was out of credit, so no more free texts, and my top-up card was at home. I wandered to The Fox for a drink, but saw no one I knew. With no way to contact them, I decided to head home for cheaper drinks. Once home, dumped my stuff and earnings, and went out again to prepare for Sunday by topping up the phone and Oyster.
Since the other shops in the area were closed, I went to Nisa to see if they did phone top-ups. They did and I left. Receipt is timestamped 22:24. I then popped back in when I realised I should grab some batteries too.
While they were being rung up some loud-mouth and his friend passed the window and yelled something like “Fucking paki’s!”. Me and the shop owner exchanged looks and I said what a fucking idiot those guys were. Said idiot then came into the shop and tried to buy a can of White Lightning. While the shop assistant was running his cans through the till the guy kicked off, started yelling how they should fuck off back to their own country, then threw one of the cans at him. Not hard, it didn’t hurt him. But the shop floor guy told him he shouldn’t be doing that (an understatement). The guy turned on him, swung at him (I think he hit him) then head-butted him in the face (definitely hit him).
While the shop floor guy was trying to fend him off with a broom the guy was trying to grapple at him over, I tried to restrain the guy, or at least get him off him. I only got his right arm though so he swung around and pushed me out the door of the shop, then swung and punched me in the side of the head and knocked me to the ground as a result. His apparently more sober friend then dragged him away. We think to the train station, since a train left a few minutes later and frankly it seems the best way to get out of the area fast.
The police turned up inside of a couple of minutes and took us on a speedy run around the area to see if they were still on the streets. (No such luck, though did spot that the lights were on in the old Focus factory. Very odd since it’s been closed for months now.)
After taking our details they said an ambulance would be on it’s way. A lady suggested the shop floor guy should put some frozen peas on it. He’s got a bit of a lump there, but the redness went down pretty quick. Since I figured we had a few minutes, I popped to the station to top up my Oyster as I’d been intending to after I got the batteries. Got back to Nisa, no ambulance. No ambulance for the next hour actually. At the end I called instead of the manager and found they hadn’t been able to assign one yet as they were very busy. After a short conversation to ally my worries that the police would require it for the report (apparently not), we all went our separate ways.
Then as I walked down the Broadway I got propositioned by a prostitute who asked if I liked white/wild girls (unsure, very strong accent) and assured me she didn’t cost much. I politely declined saying I’d just been punched in the head and wasn’t really in the mood for very much of anything of any description. Though honestly, while a shag might have been nice it’s not something I’d feel right paying for.
The racist cuntnick was by my memory;
Skinny, haggard, the sort of face you expect to have been drinking for most of their life. Old skin. Tattoo down most of his arm, somewhat sun-bleached. Blue and white striped jumper, arms rolled up, (narrow stripes, less than an inch). About 5’10”. White, light short shaven hair, maybe 35-40yo.
His friend had darker but also short hair and was more rounded looking. It may have been his mostly grey-brown outfit, but he looked a bit like a darker-eyed David Mitchell. His demeanour suggested where his drunken friend might be dumb enough to wander back past the place bold as brass, the “Mitchell” would probably not come within a mile of the area for months for risk of being recognised.
Police were excellent, they apologised for all 5 of us (3 officers, two of us “victims”) having to cram into the small car and mentioned cutbacks. Not mentioning any specific answer to my response over that comment, but they seemed all too aware that that the police aren’t allowed to go on strike. Noted the incident was being logged as a racist one. Aside from The Cuntnick, I was the only “white” person involved.
Ear is feeling rather warm, but doesn’t seem to have swollen up much. Going to have some hot chocolate rather than the beer I intended to have tho. Did just wipe what seems to be a small trace of blood out from inside my ear canal. Fairly dried tho and I can hear fine. Must have bust some capillaries or something. Have dabbed inside with TCP. STINGS.
Wonder if I’ve any icecream left?
- Horns! Everywhere! :D 00:03:39, 2011-10-28
- Been busy. Only just checked my email for past 24hrs. Wasn't aware Twitter Digest was spamming again. If this happens someone TEXT me plz. 03:03:55, 2011-10-28
- Not that I don't appreciate receiving email notification about it hiccuping, but it'll do it every hour & I don't check my email hourly. 03:05:05, 2011-10-28
- Hopefully have fixed it now. Seems to be to do with LJ timing out when Xposting, or possibly a malfunction in the entry Tags. Author aware. 03:06:28, 2011-10-28
- Since it seems the SSF to LJ link is the Xposting issue, have disabled it & set the Xpost at the Dreamwidth blog level. 03:13:52, 2011-10-28
- Back to the last little bit of casting.. 03:16:26, 2011-10-28
- Oh my god, just thought of the funniest moto for the stall tomorrow; "Heads or Tails?" Since we're selling horns, hats and tails. 04:48:58, 2011-10-28
- @xeni It reads rather like you suddenly have Twitter Tourettes.. in reply to xeni 05:29:03, 2011-10-28
- @Houndloaf Miss you too Kei :( in reply to Houndloaf 07:40:20, 2011-10-28
- No one understands what it's like to be a kid growing up? Nah, they just don't like to remember. 08:40:38, 2011-10-28
- Homestuck style horns look pretty sweet :D Yellow resin with an orange foam filler. Shame I'm out of foam now. Still, should receive more. 00:01:37, 2011-10-27
- @Houndloaf Shit, did you report them? D: in reply to Houndloaf 00:16:16, 2011-10-27
- Returned with a can of beer & a fudge bar. Right ankle is in pain tho. Will need ANOTHER ankle brace. :( 00:17:22, 2011-10-27
- @Muzkip But acknowledging the tempting of fate cancels it out. That's scientific fact! in reply to Muzkip 00:18:05, 2011-10-27
- 2Kg of Tiranti's PU rigid foam is £30. Expands less than half as much as the ebay stuff tho. 20:07:19, 2011-10-27
- Short story is; TOMPS screwed up my order again. Got flexi foam not rigid. Dad had to run to Tiranti's in town minutes before closing. 20:08:10, 2011-10-27
- Compared to what I was using, this is much more expensive stuff. 8 times expansion compared to about 20. 20:08:49, 2011-10-27
- This has been an extremely panic-filled day. 18 pairs so far. About to fill more. 20:11:25, 2011-10-27
- Tiranti's foam also a lot more forceful. Has cracked the shell casting. :( 20:18:02, 2011-10-27
- okay, turns out the tiranti stuff takes longer to cure too 20:58:46, 2011-10-27